HERE IS A CHANCE FOR YOU TO BE CROWNED TOP ACTOR AFRICA. DETAILS FOR KENYA'S AUDITION.
BET hit Top Actor is on the hunt for the hottest acting talent on the continent as auditions fire up ahead of season 2. Come along and show off your acting skills and you could be starring in Top Actor Africa, the TV series that puts a dramatic new spin on the reality genre. In the coming weeks, BET (DStv channel 129) is staging public auditions in Lagos Nairobi and Johannesburg, searching for talented actors of every description – from heart-throb heroes and leading ladies to villains and femme fatales. Whether you have had previous experience or not doesn’t matter – we are looking for fearless, strong personalities, full of ambition and confidence, who will do what it takes to be Africa’s Top Actor.
Venue: Kenyan National Theatre, Kenya Cultural Centre |Audition room: Ukumbi Mdogo theatre
Date: Saturday 10 October | Time: 8am to 4pm.
Arrival / Registration: At the Mugumo courtyard/tree.
- Carry your valid passport. Must have a passport.
- Carry a passport picture.
- Registration form will be provided.
What we are looking for?
- 20 to 30 years old, Male or Female (English Speaking)
- Must be available from the 23rd October 2015 until the 15th December 2015
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD
- Immense passion and talent for acting.
- Confidence and Personality to match up with other contestants from the rest of Africa
- Come prepared and ready to perform two monologues (one dramatic and one comedic). The monologues should be 1minute each. This can be from your favorite movie or play or something you have written yourself or downloaded. It is advisable to have something dramatic and something funny just in case we want to see versatility.
- Must have a good command of English. Can speak clear and easy to understand English.
- Must be interesting to look at physically as well (we are creating Television so this is crucial).
- Must be 100 percent mentally ready to put all on the line and compete to Win!!
PS: This process and Show is no joke and if an actor is not passionate and mentally ready To Go All The Way, then they won't last at all!
If you’d like to see your name in lights, come along to the auditions, and you could be one of 12 lucky thespians competing for the chance to win the title “Top Actor Africa”.
At stake - a career-launching prize package that includes US$10,000 in cash, a one-year contract with international representation, and access to Hollywood auditions. Top Actor Africa auditions will be held in Nairobi (10 October) at the National Theatre from 8am to 4pm.
Hosted by South African movie star Zikhona Sodlaka (“Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” & “Generations”), the first season was won by South African drama student Altovise Lawrence, an increasingly popular figure on BET itself, where she now hosts an entertainment news show, BET Buzz.
Top Actor Africa will test the actors to the limits over seven weeks in nine vigorous acting challenges, taking them through every genre from Improv to Comedy, Theatre, Soapie, Commercial, Romance, Horror, Drama and Action. Along the way they will work with Hollywood and local industry experts including celebrity actors, casting agents, directors, producers, managers and writers.
Commented Alex Okosi, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, VIMN Africa, “Top Actor Africa is an amazing platform for discovering this generation’s next great talent. African actors are increasingly taking their rightful place on the world stage, and we are delighted to extend this empowering opportunity to aspiring actors across the continent.”
Top Actor Africa is open to people from all African nations between the ages of 20 and 30; no previous acting talent is required. All contestants must hold a valid passport and possess a clean criminal record. Candidates must demonstrate a high level of competency in the English language and must be available between 23 October and 15 December 2015.
If you can’t make any of the auditions, you stand one more chance by sending a video clip of yourself performing a monologue to the BET Africa Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts, using the hashtag #TopActorAfrica.
All the best Kenya.